The AZIO Vision keyboard features extra large print keys to reduce eyestrain and promote productivity. To maximize visibility, this keyboard features 5 backlight colors including Chartreuse. This color sits directly in the middle of the frequencies of visible light, making it the most visible color to the human eye.
We have three Azio keyboards. My wife saw mine, then switched the Azio for her HP keyboard (hoping I wouldn't notice). I've used keyboards, starting with typewriters, circa 1963, to the modern marvels of today. The fancy lights are great, but the secret to these boards is the 'feel' from the keys. I've sent my stack of Dell, HP, Logitech, etc. keyboards to Goodwill.
NOTE: I really wish that the top layer of buttons (home, music, fast forward, etc., were much BIGGER!, hint, hint).
got this keyboard thru amazon and love the large key font. The quality of its construction is better than I was thinking it was going to be when I got it too. Very quiet operation.
# THINGS I LIKE:
- Stable and responsive backlit keys.
- The letters on the keys are large and clear.
- Multiple backlight colors and brightness control means everyone can find something that is comfortable to their eyes.
- Dedicated Calculator key.
- Azio provides excellent customer service and stands behind their products.
Overall, this is an excellent keyboard. I have a few which have been in use for several years and I would happily buy another.
# THINGS THAT COULD BE IMPROVED:
- My biggest complaint is the soft-touch rubber coating on the keyboard and palm rest areas.
While it feels nice, it's very hard to keep clean and attracts dust and finger oils. The coating on the palm rest also has a subtle crosshatch pattern that collects even more dust and debris. This pattern also makes it hard to wipe clean, as it collects fibres from the cloth as you wipe. Perhaps a smoother uncoated plastic would be better.
- My second biggest complaint is that the left edge of the keyboard is sharp and very uncomfortable to rest your hand on while typing. The keyboard would be much more comfortable if the side edges were rolled/curved instead.
- The VOLUME and MUTE keys are located in the middle of the keyboard and are the same size/shape as all the others, making it hard to find them quickly. The layout could be vastly improved by making some of the most important special keys a different shape/size, and grouping them together in a way that sets them apart from some of the less important keys. For example, MUTE/PLAY/PAUSE should be larger than the others.
- I have had some issues with the specialty keys at the top of the keyboard sticking or not operating smoothly on a few of these keyboards. These keys have the soft-touch coating, which seems to be the problem. (Only the top row of special keys has this coating.) The backlight on the top row of special keys is also not bright enough and could be improved a little.
Still Large Yet Enhanced
See The Difference
AZIO Vision keyboard features large print keys with backlight to promote productivity and reduce eyestrain.
Chartreuse, Cyan, Blue, Purple, Red
5 Colors Backlight
AZIO Vision keyboards are designed in such a way that light shines through the large font keys, illuminating them and helping you see them better.
Easy Access Hot Keys
Quick Access On-The-Fly
The Vision keyboard provides dedicated hotkeys for quick access to productivity and multimedia controls.
|Keyboard||18.4 x 7.4 x 1.1 in / 467.4 x 187.9 x 27.9 mm|
|Cable||5 ft. / 1.5 m|
|Weight||2.3 lbs / 1060 g|
|Switch Type||Rubber dome|
|Backlight||Chartreuse, Cyan, Red, Purple, Blue|
|OS Support||Windows XP, VISTA, 7, 8, 10|
Product Package Contents
|Vision KB506 Backlight Keyboard|
|Quick Start Guide|
|Thank You Card|
|CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING|